Friday, June 22, 2012

Fruit Butter While You Sleep

Last night I had the thrill of meeting Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars fame.

Talking pH, 4th Burner Pots and more

She did a fun pickling presentation and talked about her new cookbook at the ever-awesome Omnivore Books. We all went home with a jar of fridge pickles, and she even shared some of her tried and true techniques such as making fruit butter in a crockpot. 

Pickles & cookbooks - a winning combination

Marisa & I (yay!)

I've made fruit butter in a crockpot before myself, but was inspired at how simple she kept hers, so thought I'd lay it out for you in a new format using her go-to recipe. Have fun! 



You should still peruse all the tempting stuff on her blog, and go get a copy of her gorgeous, tantalizing book too of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment